[Dailydrool] White Tip On Tails/Ears

Tom Hickcox cometkazie1 at cox.net
Sun Dec 27 14:09:50 PST 2009

This discussion has been very interesting.  I can't remember any
basset friends who don't have white tips, but my experience is
limited.  Our Myrtle is mostly white and her tail is all white.

Along those lines, something I've noticed over the years is that
basset ears always seem to be a solid, dark color.  Myrtle is all
white except for some red splotches on her bum and each side of her
head has red that encompasses her ears and eyes.  She also has a red
dot in the middle of her forehead which I tell little kids is the
spot they are supposed to kiss.

I start my day by turning the Daily Drool calender and all the
lovelies with just a few exceptions have solid colored ears.  I can
think of only one exception in the last couple of years.

Are my observations in line with the rest of y'alls'?

Tommy in Baton Rouge