[Dailydrool] Positioning hound for nail trims, clothes on bassets

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Mon Dec 28 14:43:35 PST 2009

Angelika - the position you describe is one I have used for years.
We refer to it as "sitting on " the basset.  I you h ave
ever seen me, you will know there is lots of me, and a basset that is
being "sat on" ain't goin' nowhere
:-)

My crew has never objected to being dressed up.  WE
don't subject them to it all that often but they are very
cooperative.  Even the fosters.  We had a foster girl several
years ago who willingly walked the entire BassetFest parade (which is
LONG) in a princess dress.  As a puppy, Jammers wore her bunny ears
all day at bassetfest with no complaints.  Vinnie and Dice didn't
even object to the insult to their masculinity when I dressed them up in
their sisters' Red Hat Lady outfits (complete with poils) for the
BassetFest fashion show.  Their sisters had worn the outfits to win
the costume contest at Nationals the year before.  Even the
otterhounds will get into the act.  Our first OH, Rascal, attended a
community theater halloween party dressed in a red dress, white sox, black
"mary janes", a locket and wig (ok.  the wig didn't last
long) while she was starring in their production of Annie.

crazy basset lady

MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please
take time to visit these websites: