[Dailydrool] Finally caught up

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:08:58 PST 2009

I fell woefully behind on drools around mid-December and am finally caught
up.  A VERY belated Merry Christmas to everyone.

We had one change in our household.  Rosie, the cat we took in after my
mother-in-law moved to an independent living home never really got used to
the bassets.  She lived on the lower level of the house behind an elaborate
series of babygates.  It broke my heart because she wanted to be upstairs
with us but never adapted to the dogs.  So Rosie has been rehomed with my
sister, who is an animal lover with no pets herself except a fish tank.
After an inauspicious beginning of Rosie peeing all over herself in the
carrier on the trip up she has adjusted nicely, waking my sister with
headbutts every night for loving.  And she has discovered the fish, and
spends a fair amount of time watching them.  So all is working out well
there.

Now to my list.  A big thank you to the Winstanleys, who are nice enough to
post all of their Howliday Cards online -- I enjoy them every year.

So many of our beautiful babies to the bridge.  Hearthealing drool to Susan
for Stanley, to Heidi for Buford, to Shirley for Harrison, to Cathy for Mon
Cherie, and for Daizey Doozer.  I don't know why it is that the Bridge gates
seem to open wide every year for our beloved babies at the holidays, but
they always do.  I hope they're firmly closed for a while now.

And way too many cancer diagnoses -- Cassie, Scooter Pie, Piper (and what a
terrible year Karen has had -- I am SO sorry), and Louie.  I hope you all
have lots of good time left with your people.

Drool for Rufus the rock-eater, for Murry the kitty, for Bo and his colitis,
and Val for her sanity, for Noah, for Twinkle Toes, for Baxter, and for
Bud.  And extra special walk again drool for our beloved King Bobby, who was
doing so well and then went down in the back again.  Bobby, there is a Santa
Claus -- you keep working hard and I know you'll be able to walk again,
hopefully very soon.

And some happy news.  Sweet Dulcie is still hanging in there.  Happy belated
birthday to Angelanne, Charlie, and Yowza.  Carmen, Kelvin looks wonderful!
You would never recognize him as the poor pitiful soul you rescued last
year.  Congratulations to William and Jonathan (and Jade and Justin) on the
arrival of sweet Lilly -- hope her surgery goes well.

One of my new years resolutions will be to keep up with my Drools, but that
will probably last as long as all new year's resolutions!  Laura (Geoffrey,
Molly, Henry, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB))