[Dailydrool] Cranky Hanky

bassetmomof2 at aol.com bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Thu Dec 31 07:40:49 PST 2009

Our dogs have to be walked daily, theyh believe that it's their job to patrol the neighborhood and if they don't go, Miss Ellie will get cranky with Freddie.  We have had problem with our dogs going "tripod" when trying to walk in the snow and I end up having to carry their 45 pounds butts home.  Once the ice and snow gets between the pads of their feet, they can't walk any further.  Carrying them home is backbreaking as you know.  So last year we found PAWS.  They are a rubber boot very similar to a balloon that you put on the dogs feet.  This is the first year we've used them as we didn't get much snow last year.  This year we've had 15 inches this month alone.  While in the house, Freddie walks like a duck and reminds me of the thwap, thwap, thwap of a favorite Froggie story I used to read to my kids.  When outside he is so happy to be walking, jumping and running, that he barely notices the booties and we are able to take our normal walks.

PAWS are like a balloon that go over the foot and stays on the paws.  The thing that makes them work better for us than a muckluck is that the dogs are still able to feel the road beneath their feet.  They refused to wear any other kind of bootie.

We paid $18 for 12 reusable boots and I've been using the first 8 for over a week with no problems.  They are worth it for us.

BTW - Miss Ellie had her fourth birthday yesterday.  She's being a very good girl and not been cranky when I've occasionally missed a walk due to teen temps outside.  Freddie, however, is being stinky, but I wont embarrass him right now with details.

We are not affiliated with PAWS in any way.  Just thought we'd share our great experience with them.
Happy New Year to all our DD furends!
Helene, Freddie and Ellie