[Dailydrool] Hamilton

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 15:11:15 PST 2009

I know you remember Hamilton, the five month old puppy who was kicked and abused and had to have surgery to his leg, I just talked with Hamilton's family and his leg, hip and knee are doing very well, he is running and jumping and getting quite a workout with the Beagles they have at their home. ( His new mom is a foster home for a Beagle Rescue called Beagles and More) Hamilton's mom says he  used to have a hump in his back from drawing his leg up so long but now the hump is gone and he walks more normally. He is spoiled rotten she also says, but he does have a few problems remaining, for one, he has no bladder control from the injuries he sustained. They are working with one of our vets to try to get his bladder under control. They have tried some medications that have not been sucessful in helping him so they are going back to the Dr. this week and see what else they can try. Sometimes Hamilton has to wear a diaper because his urine just runs all the
 time. Also, he is a clumsy puppy because he had missed out on a lot of playing necessary for coordination and bone growth since he had to be restrained from activity for such a long time after his surgery, so he has lack of coordination right now but he is a typical 10 month old puppy getting into trouble, chewing and tearing things up. He is very much loved though so he is a very fortunate boy. He has a great home full of love and patience.