[Dailydrool] Nellybelly

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 20:20:06 PST 2009

Nellybelly is home from her big day at the Vet. She has adorable
bandages and green tape on each hind leg from lumps that came off.
They were so clearly fatty cysts only that the vet did not even want
to send them off to the lab. Nelly was sp happy to see me, not the
shivering fear she had this morning.
But a crazy thing did happen. The vet did the dental and the leg-
lumps, courtesy nail trim, etc., and as Nelly was coming back up out
of anesthesia, she (vet) realized she was also supposed to have
removed a lump on Nelly's side, that was the one she had been most
concerned about. She was quite upset and called us to apologize and
explain and apologize some more. She will remove the lump in about 3-4
weeks after Nelly is well recovered from this round. And she is doing
it for free. She was so contrite, I could not be upset. The vet techs
were all concerned too. But Nelly is not; she is full of zip and happy
to be home. Otis is happy she is back, too.
What a day.
The bridge doors are certainly not shut---so many leaving. We are so
sorry for the sadness out there.
Linda, with Otis and Bandaged Nelly