[Dailydrool] another sad day...

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:58:18 PST 2009

Pw Ms.Brandy woofin in... a very sad day in drool-land. My very own Sir Boxer has finished packing and left for the bridge on friday 1/30. My auntie Sandy and my she slave have long wondered just how many times each of us could start packing to leave and then un-pack again. My poor sweet Boxer finally finished. He did always insist that he should go first- to gets things ready for me, though he does not wish me to follow anytime soon. Sir Boxer and his for-real Mama were rescued by auntie Sandy three years ago- and for the first time in this gentle old hounds' life he hit the jackpot! No more, were the days of being kicked or beaten, nor would he ever want for food again! Having bloated more times than a hot air balloon he could only have certain foods and auntie Sandy gladly obliged. He WOOFED for his mid day Hot dogs without fail. He grrrr-d at Harry right up until his last days. Chasing the girls around as well! But one thing my dear sweet Sir Boxer NEVER did was to sniff where a ladyhound would not want him too. He was a gentlehound down to his toenails. He so enjoyed the snow that Seattle got this season- even though his being well-endowed made him very chilly :)
Sir Boxer and I never sniffed in pawson- but exchanged 'sniffs' through the mail instead. Over time he has sent me the most bootious bouquets of roses as well as many other trinkets that I shall treasure forever. He was a friend to all and loved his auntie Sandy most of all. I am sure that Melba Toast is woofing to auntie Sandy- but I am afraid that she can't hear it through her tears. She will miss the way he needed to nibble at her hands. She will miss his demands of "HOT DOG NOW". She will miss his greeting her when she was gone ( 10 minutes or 10 days did not matter) his little squiggly body with that awkward gait running to her with his favorite stuffie to present to her. No longer will she need to 'step over' him at night to get up. Oh how many times he made her think his time was up- only to change his mind again. We're both very good at that!
Auntie Sandy- you gave Sir Boxer and his Mama the best time of their lives~ let it help lift the sadness that is in your heart and I know that the gang at Camp Toast will help as well. I am sending gentle snooter kisses to you and auntie Linda.
I still can't believe that he has gone to be with Melba and FQ Feyfey... now when I WOOF at the stars ( we have bothed WOOFED one another that way for a long time) he will be looking down at me instead of across the miles...
If you can, please honor Sir Boxer's memory by donating to rescue.
very sad droolies...from your Sugarpiehoneybunch... we will sniff someday...Ms.Brandy and her very sad slave Angelika