[Dailydrool] Drooling for all, and sad news from our hounds

Mary Wilson mewilson at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 2 19:44:49 PST 2009

Since I made a shepherd's pie from leftover roast this evening (for dinner tomorrow) Paddi and Vernon are delighted to send great long lashings of drool to anyone who needs it, and in particular to Grandpa Mitchell and to Boxer's people.

Today Vernon did something absolutely incredible -- he found a BALL on the beach, and both he and Paddi chased it when I threw it for them!!! Astonishing behaviour for them. Normally if I am stupid enough to throw anything that is a non-food item, they track the arc of its flight and don't even have the decency to trot over to where it lands. "IF you wanted a reTREEvor," they chorus.

They are also sorry to report that their small tortoise-shell kitty friend Hobo lost her battle with kidney failure on the weekend. She died quietly and peacefully at home as she would have wished, with no visible pain or struggle. She was a sweet little kitty who found my husband about 16 months ago in a field and insisted she was his cat. We've been treating her with various meds and fluids and such since the fall when she first became ill, and she did very well until late last week. She was a great little cat -- six pounds of fiesty and never even remotely scared of Paddi and Vern.

Drool to all in need
Vernon Q and Paddi B Basset
and greetings and best wishes from
Mary (off to swab the undelivered drool off the kitchen floor)