[Dailydrool] Drool Please

Brandie Allen hnddg221 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 07:14:15 PST 2009

I rec'd a message today from a friend whom I volunteer with at a local animal shelter.  His beloved Meg (pit bull) was diagnosed with bone cancer yesterday in her leg, he is most likely going to have the leg amputated for pain manngement.  He is awaiting the results of the chest X-Ray to see if it has spread, if not, he may look into Chemo, but she is rather old.  He thought she was 9, but the Vet thinks she is older.  He is heartbroken.

Bob, also known as Bully Bob because his love is rescuing pit bulls is a very gentle man who loves his 3 pitbulls more then life itself.  He is a wonderful advocate for this breed that is so misunderstood and mistreated.  He works with so many of our "difficult" bullies that we get into the shelter and with his patience and love, they transform into such wonderful pets. He volunteers so much of his time at the shelter and and has even travelled to New Orleans after Katrina to help with the rescue efforts of all the pets.

If we could please sling some drool his way, to help him while he makes these difficult decisions and to help Meg feel comfortable during her last few months.

To make this basset related.  He shared the name of his wonderful pet sitter who i know use to watch the boys when I go away...this woman is wonderful and enjoys taking care of my difficult boys!!

Thanks-
Brandie, owned and operated by Mugzy, Rusty and Stewie