[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday Daisy!

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 08:53:41 PST 2009

Dear Droolers and Slaves to them..
Daisy turned  one year old yesterday and i forgot! she has a cupcake  waiting
for her today, she has forgiven me. when i think back to the totally  dumb
and innocent things i said a year ago i am surprised any of you talk to me.
boy, did i not know what i was getting into with this breed! i didn't buy her
from the breeder til April but this is her birthday week so my memories are both
 fond and humilitating. i had even uttered the hated words, out of total
innocence of what it meant, " there will be a need for a rescue in Colorado if
things don't change soon around here!"  boy, did i take a pounding for  that!
i had no idea what a rescue was.

Daisy has become a little lady, her manners are impeccable and her nasty
tricks are long gone now. no more books chewed up, no potty in the house( that
left at 3 months old or so) and no tantrums where she bashed in my back  screen
door which to this day hangs by the top hinge only. i just don't have the
funds to replace it yet so it is propped open for her on nice days. she does
little counter surfing because there is nothing in her reach anymore. i pay
attention to that for both our sakes. we weathered some bitterly cold weather in
December and January, we played fetch by the hour in the house. walks were at
a  minimum but these past ten days or so we are able to get in two a day.

i lie down on the living room floor in the afternoon to rest. she snuggles
next to me and we get an hour's worth of dozing before she gets restless. she
still sleeps in her kennel in the kitchen at night, i let her stay loose one
night but she was unhappy with the idea, she didn't know where to go so i put
her in her own "bedroom". she loves short car trips, playing with my
daughter's  sheperd and fetch fetch fetch. good grief! the living room looks like a
day care  center, she has so many toys. she is spoiled rotten now but so what?

SO!  Happy Birthday little Daisy, i love you ever so much and forgive  you
for all the rotten things you did last year! Now, i am praying Scott's Turf
Builder will return the highly damaged lawn this spring and the world will  be
right again. there is no such thing as too much love for pets or
children...give lavishly and it usually will return to you ten fold.   Sue/Daisy/ Colorado

net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)