[Dailydrool] Constant Bloat and Food Not Digesting

Wendie L Prince wprince1 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 09:17:30 PST 2009

Pam,  I remember, years ago, there was a small basset,  that was in rescue
down here.  She had been turned in a time or two because she kept throwing
up, and no one could figure out why.
Turns out, she finally bloated and there was a ball in her belly,  about the
size of s superball...if you remember those.  It never showed up on an
xray....which many had been taken trying to fgure her problem out.  It was
not till she bloated and then had to have ER surgery that this was found.
How she did not choke on it going down, I don't know, but once the surgery
was done and the ball taken out,  she didn't have any further stomach
issues.
So,  I am saying maybe something is in there they are not able to see.
The ball in the basset I was talking about could not be passed into the
intestines as it was to large, so stayed in her belly,  but it blocked a lot
from passing through also, hence the puking, finally leading to bloat.
This may not help,  but all I can think of.
We are sending drool for Bentley

wen
www.seniorhoundsabound.org