[Dailydrool] Potty Training Help

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Feb 5 14:39:12 PST 2009

I need some help and I know you guys are the x-perts!  Here's the
problem...we had a couple boy fosters at our house for the last couple
months, and instead of my girls being good influences on them (at least
in this one area) they actually brought back a couple bad habits in my
girls.  Potty training has gone the way of the do-do bird in my house.
Neither of them was 100% potty trained, but they were at least getting
really, really close with just an occasional accident here and there
(which I mostly blame on my children for being lazy and not letting them
out as they should if DH and I are not home...it's a whole other issue)
.  Now, they seem to have forgotten all that they had learned, and they
are just going in the house without even trying to get our attention to
go outside.  I'm not a happy camper, having to come home and spend my
evenings with the steam cleaner and pee pee spots!!  So, here's my
biggest dilemma.  I work and so does my husband, the dogs are crated
inside until my kids, ages 15, 11 & 9, get home from school around 3:00
every afternoon.  They let the girls out when they get home and then
they come in or outside depending on the weather and what's going on.  I
know that there are several techniques that work well with potty
training, but I'm concerned that my younger kids won't be able to
reinforce the training when we're not there, so it will become
impossible to get a handle on this.  If it's too complicated or requires
too much effort, there is not much I can do to when I am not home to get
a teenage boy to remember to do what I ask.  I'd sooner get Diva to
potty-train Sophie!  So I wonder if anyone knows a simple or at least
somewhat easy training mechanism that my kids can reinforce with the
dogs when we're not home, or at least some tips on how to get this under
control?  I'm so frustrated I can't see the forest for the pee
spots...um, I mean trees.   Thanks everyone!

Jessica L. Sutton

"OMG! ANOTHER PUDDLE!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  lol