[Dailydrool] Thanks for the bloat ideas and donate...donate...donate....

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 03:30:31 PST 2009

First let me thank everyone that responded on the Drool and privately about the constant bloat situation one of our Alumni is going through right now.  I have forwarded all information and suggestions to Bentley's dad who I know will take them right to the vets to have them check out/discuss.  I'll keep you posted on what they find out/do.

Secondly,  We have had a wonderful surprize!  Royal Plant and her trusty representative, Karen, have added a big addition to our "Loving Bones" Virtual Raffle. The winner of the raffle will not only get the hilarious "Loving Bones" attractively framed and ready to go on the most descriminating wall, but will also win their choice of another of her 11"x14" prints plus a greeting card (5x7)print of "Loving Bones".  They also look very nice framed - ask me how I know ? :-) Her work is FABULOUS and my pictures don't do it justice - I have, however, added a picture supplied by Karen in our gallery that better conveys Royal's wonderful artwork.  It still doesn't do it justice....the humor is such a great part of the picture and sometimes the humor is in the small details found in the print.  So send your donation to Basset Rescue of Florida and keep your fingers crossed!  The winner won't be disappointed and I know the hounds will appreciate your support.  I
 just picked Casey up from the vetspital after her eye removal surgery.  She also had an umbillical hernia repaired during her spay.  Even with the deep discounts we negotiate with our vets, it still costs biggo bucks to care for these mostly neglected bassets from the shelters and we don't turn them down because they need lots of stuff done to them and we rely on small grass-roots fundraisers like this virtual raffle to pay for these medical procedures.

Go to our website, navigate to our donations page and make a PayPal donation - I'll email you your virtual raffle ticket numbers within 72 hours.

1 for $1, 8 for $5, 20 for $10 and 50 for $20

Here is the link to the pictures of the print - check out the new picture we added: http://photobucket.com/BassetRescueFlorida

As always, thanks for your care and support!

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com