[Dailydrool] neck collar for neutering

Teddy and Izzy teddyandizzy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:21:41 PST 2009

When Izzy was spayed last month she had a fairly long incision but the vet
used internal dissolving stitches.  She never touched or sniffed or even
seemed to notice her incision and the vet said she would not need a collar
and he was right.  I don't know if this is unusual or not, but it seems to
me if it can be done for a female, it ought to be able to be done for a male
needing far fewer stitches.  It might be worth asking about.  Also I'm
pretty sure that Izzy's brother Rudy didn't have a collar after he was
neutered in November.

I just hate those things and it only adds to their stress although I have
noticed that some dogs handle it better than others.

Beth
&Izzy&Teddy