[Dailydrool] Collar and neutering

Ashley Collard acollard at charter.net
Wed Feb 11 18:24:58 PST 2009

Our female, Molly (ATB) was spayed and never seemed to notice her stitches.
She had regular, external stitches that had to eventaully be removed but she
never bothered them. When our Ruger was neutered this past spring he only
had 3 stitches in his strodum. He never noticed them at all (although he
isnt the most observant creature). He did however, fall into my
mother-in-laws decorative pond before he was suppose to get wet. Healed up
okay anyways (and my mother-in-law found I wasn't joking when I told her
that bassets don't swim, they sink!!) I think if we would have put a collar
on either of them in an attempt to protect the stitches it would have just
made everything worse. Each dog is different though and its worth seeing how
a pooch does first.