[Dailydrool] Can Anyone Help this Old Guy?

froggie0310 at bellsouth.net froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 14 10:36:20 PST 2009

Louisville Metro Animal Services called me today about an old basset they have.  He's a black and tan with a very gray (and sad!) face.  Our problem here at Bluegrass Basset Rescue is that we have so little foster space that we have to save it for the adoptable dogs.  We never get applications for the dogs who are seniors.  Our website shows 14 or so dogs listed, but the reality is we have 45--the rest are too old to be adopted or they have medical conditions no one wants to mess with (even minor ones.)  We've had two bassets adopted in the past 2 months, but that didn't open up any foster space since one was a foster failure and the other foster home was over their limit for fosters already.

This animal control does not know this guy's age, but he's obviously a senior.  We have the resources to get his vet work done--we just have no place to put him except a kennel, which costs too much money in the long term.  If anyone out there would like to help this old guy out by adopting him, please email me!  Or, if you could just foster him, that would be OK, too.

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 2
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie + Ginger (senior) and Flappy (mix)
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org