[Dailydrool] Tucker (10/28/05 to 2/16/09)

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Feb 16 14:10:58 PST 2009

Though I had hoped to have one more day
with Tucker it just wasn't meant to be.
Tucker had brain cancer and Saturday we found
a large mass in his abdomen. I knew yesterday that he
was ready.  As much pain as he was in, he still
wanted to go for that one last walk this morning
and though it wasn't very far, he gave me one more
memory to hold on to.  We sat for a while this morning
looking out the door at the rain and I knew he was telling
me that it was time.

God does work in mysterious ways.  Tucker  came
into my life on rainy day and he went "home" on a rainy day.
Both times Tucker was in my lap with my arms wrapped
lovingly around him.  I sent a message with Tucker asking
for the gateway to the Bridge be closed for a little while, so all the hearts
can mend.

Though The Dog House Gang is sad, I know I was  truly blessed
to have the honor of being Tucker's Momma.  Please give your babies
a belly rub and treat to help us celebrate Tucker's life.

Karen and The Dog House Gang

For Tucker My Sweet Baby Boy

You stole my heart on a winter's wet and windy day
When you crawled into my lap.
While all the other pups ran, jumped and played
You were content to be with me and in my lap you stayed.

We survived through your puppy hood and your counter cruising ways,
You chewed the floor, the rugs, the walls and Lizzie's little train
And then came that  wonderous day
When Tucker got his Big Boy Brains.

Though our time together was oh so short,
And again today it rains,
May the love we shared go with you now,
To light your journey's way.
And someday soon will meet again,
but until then...
In my heart you will always stay.

Forever loved, Forever cherished, Forever in my heart
Tucker 10/28/05 - 2/16/09