[Dailydrool] Kidney Infection

lyle gucwa lyle_gucwa at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:13:03 PST 2009

Our middle boy, Reagan, is eleven months old.  Yesterday morning, when it was still dark, I took the three boys out to pee; Reagan seemed to squat two or three time, very unusual for him.  In addition, he wouldn't come back in the house, usually he wants to go back to bed.

Later yesterday morning, I took the boys out again.  I was standing at the right angle to see that Reagan's urine was very dark, I thought maybe he wasn't drinking enough water, then a few drops of red dripped on his foot.  I panicked when I saw blood.  I hurried the boys back in the house, we immediately called the vet, and brought him over within the hour.

I was told that it is a kidney infection, he could have contracted it from something he ate outside.  The vet prescribed antibiotics, Ceramax.  He should have two a day for two weeks.  We get the final test results back on Monday, we pray that it is nothing serious, and that the antibiotics clear it up.  Today he is still urinating with blood mixed in.

Has any one else had this problem?

should we be worried/

what would cause this?

Thank you, and Drool to all!