[Dailydrool] Lafayette's spleen surgery update...

Brigette Rodriguez pwlafayette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:34:16 PST 2009

Hey alll...Lafayette's out of surgery, did great and currently zonked out on
pain meds and an IV drip.

The tumor/mass was big and in the middle of the spleen (I had asked her to
take a picture of it, which she did for me...will get to see it when I get
her tomorrow). The vet cut into the mass after removal and said it looks
bad, but told me she's seen worse that turned out not to be cancer. Also saw
thickening on the liver, but didn't want to biopsy it as it would possibly
cause her a whole set of problems (as the liver likes to bleed a lot) and
although her liver values weren't bad before, her BUN and Creatine were a
bit elevated and her clotting profile was a little off that would indicate
she might have trouble with clotting and the liver controls clotting and she
didn't want to cause her a risk of bleeding.

The vet said her other organs looked normal and that if she doesn't have
cancer, then the liver thickening (which had shown up on stomach x-rays but
looked fine in the U/S) could be related to fibrosous. Lafayette will come
home tomorrow with a 4-6" incision and about 10-12 staples in her belly.

*PLEASE SEND NOT BE CANCER DROOL*...We'll know preliminary results in a
couple of days with the full report in a week...

Brigette and the now spleenless Pwincess Lafayette who is
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz'ing at the vets overnite