[Dailydrool] We had a vet visit today

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 09:57:15 PST 2009

Since our guys (As in the 3 we've had the longest) are doing so well we
don't always worry about them medically but Gus has been doing the heat
seeking behavior the last few months and has gotten a bit grouchy and
has put on some weight. We had a thyroid panel done a few months ago but
he was still in the non medicatable range so we were told to wait a bit
longer and have it rerun to see if it changed.
We ran a T4 today and it was at the cut off instead of where it had been
so we caught this early! He starts meds today, same thing hubby and I
are on.  We go back in 3 weeks for the same test to see what's changed,
same with me because I was just diagnosed Friday.

We also had the vet double check the 'alfalfa bump' on his head since
it's grown a bit. He shaved it down and removed most of it for a biopsy
to be on the safe side. Since he has had a very large pilomatricoma
before we aren't taking any chances. But it does look like a fibroma or
just scar tissue which doesn't explain WHY it's has increased in size.

Other than that Gus looks fine.

Kelvin on the other hand goes in for bloodwork and dental surgery on
Wednesday.  He's not going to be happy about that.

Carmen