[Dailydrool] yea!! dadslave's day off!!

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Wed Feb 25 02:51:46 PST 2009

First I have to explain that I spent 4 1/2 hours Sunday morning doing the winter yard clean up.  I was using an empty 30 pound dog food bag.  Four and 3/4 bags later I was done and the back yard no longer resembled a mine field.  wee Gracie Allen came out to investigate and eyed me suspiciously.  I couldn't tell if she thought what I had done was just gross or she was upset because I had just ruined the yard when they had it just the way they like it.  Anyway, I liked it.  Glenn was off on Tuesday.  When I returned home from work I was met with, "you won't believe what "your" hounds did today".  Since he eternally believes that our hounds are "good" hounds, they immediately become "mine" when they do something naughty.  Glenn is an eternal optimist when it comes to the houinds.  He has a habit(which I try to break) of opening the back door for the hounds and then he heads to the basement to throw in a load of laundry or unload the dryer while the hounds are out.  This seldom ends well-usually they just cause a ruckus but today they were quiet...verrrry quiet.  He should have immediately known something was wrong...well by the time he came up to check on them he looked outside and couldn't believe what he saw.  Before heading to the basement he had gone into the downstairs bathroom by the back door to grab the towels and matts to wash.  Since his arms were full and the hounds were outside he decided to leave the bathroom door open leaving a brand new package of toilet paper on the floor and a new roll of paper towels on top of the vanity unattended.  When Glenn came back upstairs and looked out the back door he saw 5 hounds frolicking in what appeared to be "snow".  Glenn looked in the bathroom-1 package of toilet paper-gone, one roll of paper towels-gone.  I can only imagine what happened next-the hounds aren't telling=but I'm certain it involved yelling and swearing , a grown man running in the back yard flapping his arms herding hounds into the house.  Then much swearing as said man stomps around the yard and cleans up all of  the bits of paper(to his credit he did a good job).  When he finished his story, I as usual patted him on the shoulder and said, "you do know it's not the hounds but the human in charge of them that is at fault?  Aren't you glad I cleaned up the yard on Sunday?"

Don't forget to get your Woofle tickets!

http://bbostelman.net/woofle2009/wooflehome2009.html