[Dailydrool] Pet Cots

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 03:31:41 PST 2009

Marilyn,
Finally a chance to give you help after all the times I have used the advice in your postings.  I use the same cots both inside and out.  The fabric is very sturdy even with diggers and 80 pounders.  For diggers I throw a loose towel on top so they can ":dig" that.  My only complaint with them can be cured with some "Loc Tite"  The screws tend to wiggle apart and I have to go in every few weeks and tighten them up.  And you do need 4 hands when you put the first one together - by #3 you can do it in your sleep.  I have my outside ones in a protected area but if I didn't I would try to find something to coat the metal to help it resist rust in the scratches they invariably get.  No one has caught a paw in the corner that I know of.  Most like them, some don't.  I got the Large size and wish I had gotten the medium.  They certainly take up a lot of room and you have to design the room around them instead of squishing them into corners.  They
 are very easy to clean and in fact - any dirt the dogs have picked up in their outside play times tends to sift through the mesh and land in a neat square under the bed where it can be swept away.

So I give them a paws up with the addition of the Loc Tite to make the screws stay in better.  And they're a great value too!

Pam

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com