[Dailydrool] Funny fings story - all that glitters can be gold or aquamarines

advocate50 at aol.com advocate50 at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 15:17:13 PST 2009

 My basset Ruby(ATB)loved to counter surf and would take anything off a table. One night after a long... day at school I took off my jewelry (real aquamarine earrings) and put them on a little glass dish on the end table. Forgot all about them. Next morning I went looking for them,the dish was empty. Looked on the floor, jewelry box, everywhere., no earrings. I asked Ruby if she had taken the earrings and pointed to the dish. The ears slid back and she went flat. No, oh no.
So I waited a few days and went out in the yard to scout out priceless poop oop e doos. Sure enough they glittered.
I cleaned & washed & cleaned & washed those earrings 20 times. I told my principal the whole story (another hound lover) and she said the earrings just didn't shine like they did before!
Now I am wondering what happened to the half carat diamond stud? I think my current basset Abby got that one.
I am wearing costume jewelry from now on.