[Dailydrool] This and That

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:27:42 PST 2009

Not much is happening here except rain and storms right now.  Now there will be a lake complete with a mud beach for the girls to bathe in.  Fun, fun.

We are all doing well and feeling well except for Miss Ninja.  She is ok tonight but had an upset stomache earlier.  She and her breakfast didn't agree so they had a parting of the ways.  After she yakked it up she guarded it with her life while the momslave ran for the papertowels.  What a great way to start the day.  I have never dealt well with that stuff, not even with the kids.  I am still squeamish.  When a person has this many dogs you'd think one would get used to it.  She is being a velcro dog right now.  A very sweet velcro dog.

Shelby, the lovely old foster is doing great.  She finally did the basset 500 three times the other day, even beating Maggie in speed.  Shelby can put it in gear when she wants to.  She was having the time of her life.  They all participated.  I wish I had had the video camera close.  For a thirteen year old girl, she has a lot of pep and doesn't look like she is ready to come unglued like Sunny did.  Maybe Sunny was older than we thought.  Shelby usually sleeps on Sunny's quilt in the donut.  I wonder what she thinks of a smell that doesn't match anyone here.

Marley's ears are much better and she isn't quite as crabby as she was.  It must be part of her personality.

We are sorry to hear of more sadness in bassetland.  The girls are sending huggy drool to those who are missing a love.  We have lots of drool for those who need it.  If there is one thing we do well, it is produce a lot of sticky drool. Bless all of you who are sad.

Snooters and soft hugs from Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby the foster