[Dailydrool] Maggie and pudding

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:40:37 PST 2009

I am getting scatterbrained or something.  I should have put these posts together.  Maggie had her shots and annual stuff the other day.  I could never get the info from the rescue folks so we just had everything done.  She weighed in at a not so svelte 72.6 pounds.  She is a big girl.  A lovely big girl.

I also discovered that she likes making pudding.  She had  little unidentified object at the back door the other day and when I got closer, found out it was a box of instant chocolate pudding.  She had torn a small hole in the package and had drooled in it, making a very gommy version of pudding.  She gave it up without a fuss.  She didn't injest much so she is ok.  No need for the chocolate police.

Right now she is sitting with Nic getting an ear massage.  That is one happy houndette.  Maggie is not picky about rubs.  Anywhere will do.  I think she really wants to go to bed.  She sleeps pressed up against Nic on one side and Shelby sleeps on the other.  Occasionally Nic gets a few inches of matress.

Sweet dreams to all bassets and basset lovers.  One of the sweetest things on earth is the sight of a sleeping basset, especially one cuddled up to its human.

Loves from the sleeping and snoring bassets in Southern Illinois.