[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - Ball Talk & Talking Balls

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Feb 27 10:39:25 PST 2009

It's me again - Norm!

I've been reading my Drools and finding out that we aren't the only ones
obsessed with balls.  Yeah, all of us Red Bay Boys like our balls - the
attached ones and the unattached ones.  Granny Pat says that our attached
ones are especially nice.  She says we are Chinese bassets *LowSlung
WellHung* -- whatever that means.  We do a daily ball count around here,
just to be sure the infamous *stuff stealers* didn't come over night.

Now, on to the unattached balls - our favorite unattached balls are the
*talking balls*.  We have a talking baseball that says *That one's out of
here!*.  We have a talking football that says *Touchdown!  (and lots of
cheers)*.  We have a basketball that says *He got it in (and lots of
cheers)*.  We all get these balls out every night and work really hard to
drive Mom and Dad crazy making noise while they are trying to watch TV.
We also have this antique orange handball (or something like that) - it is
really hard and bounces and clatters on the wood floors.  Our favorite game
with that is to roll it under the couch and then move the couch with our
noses to get it out.  That drives Dad CRAZY!!  We all will chase the balls
but won't bring them back - we're not retrievers, ya' know!

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys