[Dailydrool] Fetching balls

b.a.sorensen at att.net b.a.sorensen at att.net
Fri Feb 27 11:40:55 PST 2009

Our first basset Max (of blessed memory) retrieved a ball exactly once.  Neal threw it, Max brought it back.  Neal threw it again and Max gave him a look that said " I DID that already!".

Of the current crew Wilbur will fetch-sometimes.  Buddy the not-a-basset will fetch-occasionally.  Wilbur loves toys and carrying things around, usually our shoes.  Wilbur does chase the red laser light, though.  He loves it!  No one else cares, certainly not the cat we bought it for.  Duncan has a purple mouse that plays a tune that he loves, but it has to be the original old scuzzy mouse, not the newer one.  We have performed two transplants on it to put in new music boxes.

Barb, mom to Copper, Wilbur, Duncan and Buddy the not-a-basset and Max and Gretta (ATB)