[Dailydrool] balls

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:18:01 PST 2009

Jean Paul played ball from day one.  It started every night when I came home from work (I remember work, it was fun), I would start dinner, and Jean Paul would come into the kitchen with his squeaky ball, and while I was trying to cook, he would bark at me to throw the ball, for at least 1/2 or until I was done cooking.  (I was cooking for Pumpkin and He).  Not only did he like chase and fetch, he could amuse himself just laying and squeaking the ball.  Outside, he would bark and bark and bark, toss the ball, toss the ball, toss the ball.  He just loves to fetch, but he will only bring it close to you, not right where you are, so if you are sitting, if you don't get up, he will bark and bark and bark.  Very good slave trainer.  When Pierre came, he tried to teach Pierre the joys of squeaking the ball, in fact I made a You tube video all about that, called Hounds on Film.  BTW, Pumpkin was not a ball dog, but she loves to play tug of war with plush toys.  Jellybean is the kind of dog who can absolutely amuse herself.  She'll toss a ball in the air, run with it, just have all sorts of fun.  If you throw it for her, she will chase it down, usually catch it mid air (she is mid air too).  Nigel doesn't play ball, he plays steal the ball from Jean, and then chew out the squeaker.  Colette, if she is excited and playing, just grabs the ball and runs with it.  Max is a combo of Jelly and Colette, just play to amuse himself.  Nikki likes to chase the ball if it is thrown, but doesn't fetch.  I created a web page with some of the kids in action.
Healing drool to all.
Jackie and the hounds
http://web.me.com/jchazey/Site/balls.html