[Dailydrool] no scratch lampshade collar

Paul Hempel skypylot at ezl.com
Fri Jan 2 11:01:18 PST 2009

I've been lurking for many years, thank you all for all the info and
entertainment.  I finally have a question I'm hoping someone has a
good solution to.

Our dear little Bella was scratching at her eye so badly that the vet
insisted we put one of those lampshade looking cone collar affairs
around her neck to keep her from getting at it until it can heal.

It's a workable idea for a dog with normal ground clearance, but I'm
sure as many of you know, with our short legged friends that cone is
a serious impediment to normal walking, much less getting up a step
or onto her favorite spot on the couch.  I'm hoping some of you might
know of a decent modification or better yet, a no scratch collar
that's designed with our short kids in mind.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, especially by poor little Queen Bella

Thanks in advance,
Paul Hempel