[Dailydrool] Oops for Marley and Shelby the foster

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:11:08 PST 2009

I forgot to mention that We have had Marley for a year.  We went to pick her up on December 30 a year ago.  Marley is demanding extra treats and belly rubs for the goof.  She is the princess here.  It really has been a year.  She goes back to see her "Grandma" person at the vet every so often who just loves and exclaims over her.  She is such a daddy's girl.  She snores almost as loud too.  She was given away because she was so destructive.  Marley just needed some furends and lots of cuddles.   We also have a new addition to the basset herd.  We have a new foster.  Her name is Shelby and and she is a lovely senior from Iowa Basset Rescue.  She is 13 and very spry for her age.  She looks a lot like Marley in the face but is a tri not a red and white.  Right now she is asleep in one of the donut beds with Ninja keeping a very grumpy eye on her.  They are all circling the wagons but no bloodshed yet and we are going to keep it that way.

I have to wonder about the wisdom of having 4 females but then I lived with 4 males for many years.  It will all work out.  Shelby seems to be a very sweet, calm shy older lady who would make a wonderful addition to most bassety homes.  Just a small shameless plug to help her find her forever home.

Happy New Year or Happy New Ears,
Ninja, Marley, Maggie, Shelby the foster, and the mom