[Dailydrool] update on senior bonded pair in Alabama

Karen Sommerfield kgrammy3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 3 04:15:25 PST 2009

To everyone who has asked about the senior bonded pair found in Alabama last month; they are now safe in their new forever home in Minnesota. This is the pair where the female was found running the hiways, and nearly was hit several times. She is blind from glaucoma, and has had a bilateral eye enuculation. Both dogs tested positive for HW- treatment has been done. All vetting was done in Alabama by one of the nicest and most caring vets I have ever dealt with, Dr. Rhonda Ellison of Calera Animal Hospital in Calera, AL. Dr. Ellison also went way beyond the extra mile and personally drove these two sweeties from AL all the way to the Dubuque, Iowa area where we met up for the transfer to their new home. They are settling in very nicely here, and are quickly adapting to home life in a pack of Bassets! Since they were abandoned, and no background info was available on them- they didn't even have names. So would you all please welcome Martin and Genevieve to
 the Drool fold? I also want to say a very special Thank You to a couple of very special ladies here on the Drool- Chris Dowd, of All Ears Basset Sanctuary in New Mexico, and Robbie Bagby, of BHRA- without the help of these two gals- I don't even want to think of what might have happened to Marty and Jenny.
No more bad times or fears, Marty and Jenny, you are home now.....................
Karen Sommerfield