[Dailydrool] Dog Licenses

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Sun Jan 4 07:13:43 PST 2009

We also are illegals.  We've never bought dog licenses, with the thought being that it's just a way for the county to make sure pets are neutered and that their rabies shots are up to date. Ours are and always have been, on both counts.

Well, last year, the great Commonwealth of Virginia decided to get the vets involved, so now when a pet gets a rabies vaccination, the vet has to send a note to the state.  The state, in turn, notifies the county, who then checks its doggie roster.

Frank got his rabies shot last May, and then in mid-summer, we got a court summons in the mail!  It said that Frank the Tank was delinquent since he didn't have a license, and that if we didn't pay up in 30 days, we'd be having to talk to da judge and pay a big fine!  So, we paid the $4.00, and Frank is now legal.  Sarah is still on the lam, but we'll probably wait until her rabies shot is due before we do anything about it ;)

Nancy, owned by Sweet Sarah and Frank the Tank