[Dailydrool] reading the droolz

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 14:30:06 PST 2009

Momma here, Brudder Elwood is basking in his glory at his gotcha day-actually his belly is full and he is out on the sniffy.
I HAD to comment on water drinking.?Sister Daisy and Brudder Elwood are my normal drinkers, nothing of interest there. Brudder Jake, he goes at it with gusto, gets his drink, quickly moves from the bowl, with a trail of water following his steps. Ol Bob, you can hear him upstairs, he really gets into his drink. Now this leaves Elder Clara. She slurps, she smacks, I swear I think if she could she would also gargle and spit. She takes great pride in leaving slime in the water bowl, it has to be a type of revenge against the rest. She also has no favorite of all the bowls, they all work for her.
Oddly enough, when Casey was alive Casey had a bowl that kept her ears out of the water. It was Casey's favorite, but she also drank from them all. Well Casey passed, and nary a hound would drink from that bowl. I finally threw it out.
Gas bombs. Okay Elwood is always talking of Elder Clara and her tailpipe. He is not wrong. Elder Clara is very talented. She can walk and fart, burp and fart, sneeze and fart, move and fart. She has perfected the fart. This morning the youngins were playing-in her air space I might add-and Elwood knocked Jake flat, Jakes head touched Elder Clara's tummy. A smiling Clara blew off a round that made her tail go straight out. Perhaps she needs to be nominated for Queen of gas, or something equally as silly.
Dog tags. As Nancy said, here in VA the vet notifies the city. It took them a year and a half to catch up with 3 of mine, I remember that day well, one was for Casey, she was so sick, her time was near and we knew it. I checked the box for deceased. The guilt of that was enormous. I did inquire at the vets office about the length of time it took to send the notice, and was told that with all the city cut-backs mine arrived quick.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Elder Clara, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds
Virginia Beach Basset Hounds