[Dailydrool] Tanking up...

Marilyn Fulton vbassety3 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 14:43:22 PST 2009

Bev,
   "Tanking up" became a household phrase my husband coined when Apollo was
about a year old.  He's now almost 11...and my gosh, I've never seen a
basset put away water like he can.  We have a monster-sized water bowl for
the three of our bassets, Apollo will stand there and slurp and drink that
bowl from full, down to about an inch of 50/50 drool/water mix.  I don't
know how he does it.  That bowl holds over a gallon of water!  As for the
verbage "tanking up" I think it's derived from my husband's years as a naval
officer, when they would fuel up the navy warships using a tanker ship
pulled alongside them while they were underway.

Marilyn Fulton
Apollo, (let me out AGAIN, please.  I have to PEE.)
Daphne and Zeus
"Hundage Barrage"