[Dailydrool] Tanking up

Laurie diehllau at msu.edu
Mon Jan 5 11:29:44 PST 2009

Momperson,
Lance Basset does this as well. He WILL NOT drink any water unless
someone is home not if he's in his crate or if he has run of the whole
house. I don't know if he just understands that if he drinks he'll
have to pee and he doesn't want to be stuck w/o the ability to get out
or what, but after an excited hello and a quick trip out, Lance drinks
down a bunch of water even if he's had access to it all day. I've
often wondered what he does at the kennel where he does have constant
access to outside, but doesn't have personal attention other than
during a walk or at meal time.

He's never had any problems with dehydration other than when he gets
very sick with the HGE though, so I've never really worried about that
behavior.

Laurie and Lance in Kalamazoo