[Dailydrool] Welcome, Kim Slagel and Odell (Bo, Harley, and Koa's brother) to the Drool

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 15:18:49 PST 2009

I'd like to welcome Kim Slagel and Odell (brother of Bo, Harley, Koa, and Harley 2; of the "Hawaii Six") to the Daily Drool.

Since my family is moving to the Big Island, Odell will be the last of the original six on Oahu. Odell is a local celebrity here in the islands with his own line of Greeting Cards, which benefit the Hawaii Humane Society. He is also the winner of the "Rip Van Winkel" trophy at the 2007 doggie Olympics somewhere on the west coast. Odell has served as model for local first aid demonstrations for the Feather and Fur Animal Hospital, and is featured from time to time in our local news magazine, Midweek. Odell's slaves are teachers at the Kamehameha School, where Odell is an unofficial mascot. Odell has chaperoned proms there masquerading as a "drug-sniffing" hound. Needless to say, Odell is much better behaved than my Bo and Harley. Welcome to all.

Odell will be making a cross-USA and Canada trip with his slaves this summer. Thank you, everyone, who has responded to my query about summer Basset events. Any events in Canada this summer? I look forward to Odell's first posting. He is quite a character. Val, Bo, and Harley