[Dailydrool] It's Cowboys year (sorry kinda long)

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 14:33:30 PST 2009

It's been 7 motnhs since we adopted Rupert and he has truly been a good
addition to the family despite his rotten deeds. However he is a total
attention HOG. He can be perfectly content checwing on a toy but as soon as
he sees Cowboy getting loves he barrels over and sprawls across my lap. Or
whoevers lap, but mostly mine. Of course I push him off and tell him he
needs to share me and I continue to give Cowboy love but I also feel the
guilt of pushing him away. Rupert is such a lover.

Anyroo, Cowboy has always been pretty "independent" and we feel blessed when
he chooses to cuddle or wants our undevoted attention. I think though with
adopting Rupert and trying to adjust him to our lifestyle I may have taken
cowboys independence for granted and not been giving him the necessary
amounts of attention. He was kind of in a slump (depression) last night and
I asked James if he'd been like that all day and James said "more like all
week". I guess I hadn't noticed since I'd been so caught up in the holidays
and was in and out town for Christmas and NYE. So I took Cow aside and gave
him unlimited love, hugs and bellyrubs for a good 20 minutes straight.
(James of course kept Ru occupied)

Well Cow was just delighted with his mommy time and thats when I remembered
Nigel saying it was going to be HIS year. So I told Cow the same. Its been 7
months. Ru should be adjusted and should know by now that he's home to stay.
So, one of my resolutions will be to make a point to give Cow his special
attention and special time, even when he prefers his independence.

On a funny note he proceeded to wake us up at 330 am whining. James let him
out to pee but upon coming back in he kept whining. (Never does this unless
his belly hurts). I got up and listened but his belly wasn't making any
noise and he was still whining. I layed on the floor with him, cuddling and
rubbing his tummy, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. He quickly fell
back asleep and didn't arise again. Guess he thought that because it was
"his year" that meant even at 3 in the morning. Lol.

Lub and drool,
Kacy with Cowboy (Yeah it's MY year buster!) and Rupert (I'll steal it from
you somehow, just gotta figure out how)