[Dailydrool] Thanks from my hero

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 05:00:51 PST 2009

Thanks for all the holiday greetings Droolers sent to my basset Dad Hero in Afghanistan.  He starts his trip home for mid-tour leave tomorrow (always a dangerous journey from Kabul to Kuwait so send drool his way).

He is bringing all the cards home to share - over 60 he says - and we will attempt an artistic photo of him, our 5 dogs and all your greetings - wish us luck!  He will be meeting Sweet Pete from Basset Rescue of Florida for the first time.  Wonder what both my 'boys' will  think about sharing the Mama in the big bed.  My Dachshund has been sleeping on Dad's pillow for the past 6 months - Duffy basset on Dad's side of the bed - Hannah Lee Dawg under the covers at my feet and Sweet Pete cuddles up whereever he can find a space.

Clear out dawgs!  Colonel Dad is almost home!
GinnyTata-Phillips, author of DOGKU and PETKU