[Dailydrool] Introducing Lefty

Rita Erickson ritabasseth at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 06:36:50 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm an old-time Drooler who joined about 14 years ago when we got our first bassets, Mollie and Morrie, aka Doodle and Big Guy. We adopted another, Penny, from the county shelter a few years after that. Sadly, all are ATB now. After a basset-less year, we decided to adopt again from Arizona Basset Hound Rescue. Our pack already had three girls, a chihuahua, a mini-dachshund, and a dachshund-bull terrier mix. We thought a male would be a better fit than another female. Long story short, we now have Lefty, a 69 pound, two year old guy, whose name come from his snout, which has a decided leftward lean. He also has one blue eye and the l-l-longest ears we've ever experienced. Which leads to my first question: Does anyone know a source for a drinking bowl that is tall and narrow so his ears don't get soaked every time he takes a drink? I'd put a snood on him, but the girls would make fun of him.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to reading the Drools again!

Rita and the Pack, Lefty and the wannabes, Chica, Gretchen, and Izzie (sounds like a singing group, doesn't it?)
Queen Creek, AZ