[Dailydrool] Hollyberry's success

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 09:37:09 PST 2009

After 3 weeks of training her to sleep in her own cage, this is what happened last night....as told by Hollyberry herself.  Maggie

I WON!
(By Maggie Honnold for Hollyberry Christmas)
I won, I won, I won, I won, I made it to the bed; the one where Ma and Pa sleeps, with the nice, soft blankets spread!
It’s taken me 3 weeks you know of racking my buppy brain, to find the perfect rhythm to my “come get me” song I sing.
I’ve whined and cried and barked and squealed, all to no avail. They just kept their backs turned, I never could prevail.
So finally, I stopped my song, gave up, just turned away and learned that in my cage there are great things with which to play.
Then sleep would come and find me, and I’d settle in to rest; but it wasn’t ‘cause I didn’t try my Ma and Pa to best.
BUT WAIT….last night was different, my Pa said, “Coffee time.”  My Ma said, “Its 2: 30 are you out of your _____ing mind?”
It was then I saw my chance, and my song I began to sing; and my Ma just wasn’t ready for my alarm clock then to ring.
SO……
Here she came right up to me and picked me up real slow and put me in the great, big bed and covered me just so.
All safe and warm and cozy-like we cuddled and we kissed.  I gave her GREAT BIG SNOOTERS it was a chance that can’t be missed!
(I wooove my Ma!)
I tried not to gloat too much, but I will tell you this…perseverance pays off….it will put you in buppy bliss!
   I WON!!!!!