[Dailydrool] (no subject)

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Fri Jan 9 14:03:44 PST 2009

<< We just returned our second Dyson to Costco - they seem to work great for a few months and then have no suction - we no longer have a local repair place for them, the shops claim that Dysons are too much of a problem.>>

I love my Dyson, which I've had about four years. It has picked up fur from three hounds better than anything I've ever seen.

That being said, it can lose suction because something is stuck in the pathway that sucks up all that dog fur. The genius of this machine is that you can take apart all the critical parts and clear them out. The only place that is hard to get things out of is the tube that attaches to the hose. I find a long dowel will work fine in the straight section, and if something gets stuck in the curve, a wire coat hanger does the job nicely.

I don't know what "shop" says Dysons are too much of a problem. Maybe it's a repair shop that just doesn't do Dysons. I love mine and just discovered that the place where I bought my new sewing machine also sells and services Dysons.

I hope others aren't discouraged from buying a Dyson. Nothing picks up fur the way it does.

And no, I don't work for them, just love their product.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets