[Dailydrool] Stretches MMMMMMMMMMMM

Kelly Jane Wilson chincoteaguegal at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 11:23:18 PST 2009

Gig Caruthers Wilson makes stretching an art form. Not only does she arch her back, she will then take one step, stretch one back leg out behind her, take another step, stretch the other back leg out, then finish off with another whole body stretch and a good shake off.

When Mary Myrtle Manning DeWolf Butler Wilson stretches, it is hard to tell.  She is so low to the ground that when she lowers her front half to stretch her back, there is not much vertical difference!  But last night on the bed she was on her side and stretched her stumpy little back legs so cutely. I also noticed ribs on her that I have not seen before. The new huge back yard in Dallas and the walks we take are doing all of us some good.

Low Bed does everything in slow motion when he wakes up, much of which consists of yawning. Again, hard to tell when he is stretching versus just moving in super slow motion. When he does stretch, it is usually halfway out the door or halfway up the stairs.

I don't believe I have ever seen Barney Blue Butler Wilson, the Chocolate Lab, stretch. He just isn't into creature comforts like the short ones are.  He gets up and walks off. Now that he is about 13 or 14, getting up is a little slower, but he makes it.

Thanks to all who had vet recommendations in North Dallas. I have also taken to stopping anyone with a dog and asking who their vet is, and have received some good recommendations. We are south of the LBJ, but it is amazing how many people I talk to who take their dogs all the way up to Plano.  I have taken two of the Wilson Gang (of the nine gangsters) to a vet in Highland Park. I like them well enough, though not necessarily the Highland Park premium. I will keep looking and testing.

The Wilson Gang would also like to congratulate Pepe on his one year Gotcha Day anniversary.  His mama fought like a tiger to get him and it is hard to believe it has already been a year!

Gigi Caruthers joined us on February 8, so we are planning a  one year Happy Gotcha Day party.

Drool to all who need it.

Kelly Jane and the Wilson Gang
Dallas, Texas