[Dailydrool] Mr Pants visit to the vet & question

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 19:31:11 PST 2009

Santana had his annual, anals and ears exam today hehe Well that is what I
told them to check today and it was kinda like poetry when I said it hehe.

He gets his anals expressed more then 1 time a year, and his ears have seem
to be bothering him, but not infection or yeast from a culture she did.  She
just told me to clean both real good for 1 more week.

He did however gain his few extra pounds back he is back up to 68lbs. He
gained 4 lbs since last time.
So back on green beans, and hopefully it stays warm so we can keep doing our
walking more.  Daddy goes "his 4lbs probably equals us 10lbs"  It's been
warm in Colorado
Santana gave dirty looks because she said even his tail is fat!

The vet tech said he is such a well behaved boy and beautiful...he bats his
eyelashes at her! hehe (she should see how "well behaved" he is at home
LOL!)

Curious if anyone elses vet does this:  Since we started him on heart worm
meds via dr. foster and smith website because it was cheaper....... the vet
said they require a heart worm test every 2 years.  If we were purchasing
our heart worm meds via the vet then, they wouldn't require it, because they
would guarantee the med working and if Santana did get heartworm they would
cover all costs... plus I get a $5 discount if I buy a year supply.  So
their medication is $43 for 6mths and $81 for 1 year plus $5 rebate they use
Tri Heart now. They said they have heard that some internet sites do not
gurantee their meds and also they are not stored properly and might not work
like they should?  Also during winter months can they still get heartworm?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

--
Anitra
Momma To

Check out Mr. Pants' woofsites!
Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/622568
OR
Myspace Page: http://www.myspace.com/santanadog

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Basset Hound licking your face