[Dailydrool] Do Not Leave

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:22:14 PST 2009

sylvia,

Please do not leave the drool.  The problem with email is that a person writes words with a different feeling or thought than their words are read.

One of the best things about the daily drool is that it helps all of us basset lovers with problems we may have with the health, welfare or bassitude.  For many of us reading Brudder Elwood, Nigel and Lewis makes us smile or laugh.  Many days many of us need that smile.  Sometimes on the Drool there is so much pain from the loss or sickness of a basset, that we need to hear from these sweet characters and how they speak to make us feel good again.

How many bassets have been saved because a drooler read about a basset in need?  How many bassets have been fostered or adopted because someone read about the rescued hound, we will never really know.  But I have no doubt many.  I live in Mexico, but because of the daily drool I have been able to help rescues in many areas that I would never have known about.  I have found grants and posted the information through the daily drool, bid on items and just donated.  Even though my finances only allow me to do a little, this is true for many of us.  But where would the rescues be without many of us giving what we can.

Your rescue work is what this is all about.  Enjoy the posts that you want to read.   Just as many of us enjoy the posts from Elwood, Nigel and Lewis and many others.  Nigel and Lewis may have had their feelings hurt, but they surely do not want you to leave the drool.   They just needed to speak their feelings, just as you did.

Do not leave.  I am sure at this point we can all shake hands and paws and just enjoy the fact that many hounds and slaves have been helped from reading the Daily Drool.

Diane, Mom to Ella Louise