[Dailydrool] Bassets and Dachshunds

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:38:20 PST 2009

I live with 4 rescued Basset Hounds and one silver dapple long haired Dachshund.  Rudy has no clue he is not a Basset and has short man syndrome big time - he is my fierce protector and only real barker.  He was abandoned at my shop many years ago and we tried to find him a home for about an hour - then decided to keep him!

A little girl once called all the dogs 'Basket Pounds' so that is how we refer to them.  We gave her a stuffed Basset in a basket that year and she named him Rudy the Basket Pound!
GinnyTata-Phillips, author of DOGKU and PETKU