[Dailydrool] Things That Only Happen To Me...Oh WHY, WHY WHY....

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 15 18:15:15 PST 2009

GOt home late tonight, arround 8pm.  Hushy immediately asked to go out.
It's minus 35 here, freezing cold literally.  As I was already upstairs
changing I yelled for the Husband to let Hushy out.  I hear the patio door
open, 10seconds later I hear doggie tags and the biscuit routine going on
(Husband:  you a good Doggie, You wanna a bickie, etc)
I mentally process that all is well and go back to trying to figure out what
the hell my Husband did to the banking for his company, a weekly exercise
from hell.  One hour later I go downstairs to the kitchen for a snack, as I
cross in front of the patio door I sense something wet, I am in my bare
feet...hmmm must be snow that melted when Hushy came in.  I grab some Scott
towels, funny yellow snow....I take a closer look,,,nope definately dog
pee....I look again, funny, it seems to be comming from the door
frame...hmmmm.  I look out onto the veranda, I see two doggie prints and
nothing else....a hunh...he peed on the door after putting his two front
paws out, but not the hinds.  Oh well, its cold and being a long dog I can
understand the confusion right! No problem I'll just clean this up.  I mop
up the kitchen floor no big deal...I then open the patio door to clean the
track...nope not gonna happen, the pee has frozen the door shut...not good,
not good at all..this is the only exit to the yard.  It is now 9pm, I don
coat, mittens, hat and bring a kettle of boiling water with me.  I climb
through the snow on the side of the yard and pour the boiling water over the
door...the door opens.  I clean it, then dry it....10 to 1 this dog will ask
to go out at 11:30 and the door will be frozen again. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kris (I need a break)
Hushy(I get confused sometimes)
DH (What I didn't see anything)