[Dailydrool] Bassets and the full moon????

BubbaDoggInc at aol.com BubbaDoggInc at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 17:54:30 PST 2009

Does anyone have a basset that acts "More Crazy" during  the days of the full
moon? We have the three "Ratboyz' but only one, Elvis  Ray, the wild child,
acts like his brain has gone missing during the full moon.  Now, I know from
reading the Drool that their brains don't come in till age  3, so how can
something that isn't technically there, go missing during the full  moon? He goes
from the wild child to the freaking maniac!

    They all are exposed to the same moon but the other two  don't change
their bad ways at all. Elvis Ray, however, is like living with ten  two year
olds..... has to be watched every minute and NEVER slows down. I  finally realized
it always occurred during the full moon. We adopted him  from CBHR at eight
months because an elderly couple gave him up because  they couldn't handle him.
He was not underweight, or shy, or mistreated by the  couple, but he was kept
outside because of his wild ways. He was never taught  good manners so we
worked hard on that and finally realized that he was a wild  spirit, never to be
changed. He is settling down some but when the full moon  comes, Katy bar the
door!

    He is so sweet to the foster dogs we have had and  gets along well with
all doggies but they tire of his antics fairly quickly. He  loves people, no
matter who they are and will lick them to death. He is an  excellent rat catcher
(hence their nicknames) and an avid hunter of anything  that dares to come in
the yard. Nothing leaves our yard alive. We love him with  all our hearts and
just know that Elvis Ray is always gonna be Elvis Ray.   His brothers are
three and well behaved and just accept him like he is. Anyone  have a dog like
this?

Dottie

Mom to: "The "Ratboyz"

Rusty Simon (Waddle King 2007)