[Dailydrool] Cat Transfer - Hercules BassetCat and Keebie need to come home

Heather Lessely heather.lessely at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 08:55:39 PST 2009

Hello All
As some of you know, I was formerly slave to the MoonZoo which at its highest contained 12 permanent animal residents (snakes, turtles, cats, dogs, spider, ferrets, etc.) in an 800 sq foot house on a postage stamp yard. We also had transient visitors like the wildlife rehab critters (birds, opossums, racoons) and  couple of litters of kittens from Keebler, the crazy stray girl we took in after the city rescued her from our tree in a cherry picker (still one of the best rescue stories I've ever been part of).

Anyway, in the change from the MoonZoo (i.e. Daddy-Moon left and I gave his name back) and the move to the OC and back to Chicago, some of my four leggers got spread out among great homes that were intended to be temporary. We got our Probert back and brought Bilbo and Sparkey the cats home to Chicago but had to leave Keebler and Hercules behind. Now, I am trying to reunite all of them. So, if anyone is planning a trip from any SoCal airport to or through O'Hare, and is willing to chaparone two sweet kitties, I'd really appreciate it. If I can't find a "transporter," I'll absolutely go and get them or arrange another way to get them, but I just thought if someone was already planning a trip, there's no better person to trust than a drooler....

To make this basset related - Hercules was in the litter that Keebie had when she was still quite feral. The ONLY way that she would leave to eat or use her litterbox when the kittens were tiny, was to have Wendell come in and sit with them. He'd get in the basket and the kitties would get under his ears and flews and Keebie would go do what she needed to do. It was adorable. Herc was raised with my Bailey and I really think that I need them all together again to make sure the family is whole.

Thanks!
Heather - slave to the OEBE Chicagoland Regional Headquarters
Pw. Wendell W. Bottom, OEBE Viceroy, Bailey Mackenzie, OEBE Evil Enchantress, Probert BABES Pugilist, and Bilbo and Sparkey (waiting for Keebie and Herc to come home)