[Dailydrool] Tinkerbewwe ob Dog Woods Farm

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:01:37 PST 2009

Well, I have good news and not so good news. The bad news is, Tinkerbelle has a mast cell tumor, which is a form of skin cancer. The other bad news is, the vet lady does not want to do surgery to remove it, as the anesthesia risk is too great due to Tink's age (11 1/2). The good news is, it is well-differentiated which means it is less likely to metastasize or at least to metastasize quickly. We and our vet have decided just to treat any symptoms or side effects that may occur.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of tumor? If so, please e-mail me off list or post to the Drool. One of my friends at work has a Golden Retriever who has recurring mast cell tumors. She has had some success with changing her dog's diet to grain-free. I am considering this for Tinkerbelle.
Any thoughts?

Thanks so much to all those who sent drool and prayers. It worked, as it could be much worse than it is. What a wonderful Drool family we have!

Soft snooters from Brenda, Tinkerbelle and the rest of the Thundering Herd of Dog Woods Farm.