[Dailydrool] Miss Angela moults

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 22 12:09:51 PST 2009

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County.

This morning, after we returned from a brisk two mile walk, I came home to my Asko clothes dryer shut off in the middle of a cycle.  It does that when it is not venting properly and overheats.  I removed the front plate and got into the air filtration and venting system which is constructed for easy removal and cleaning. I had to lie on the floor to get the thing out, then took it to the sink.
I found the whole thing jammed and clogged with....you guessed it....basset hair. I spent a half hour cleaning it out and replaced it.
Yesterday I washed the fleece blanket that I use to cover the leather in the couch where Miss Angela spends much of her off-stage down time.  I noticed that it was pretty hairy.  It apparently was the last straw for the dryer.

This is getting ridiculous.  I had her at the spa for a bath and thorough comb-out just two weeks ago.  That slowed down the need for dust mop and Dyson (which I love but which tries to suck up some of my oriental rugs and eats fringe) but she is still shedding up a storm.  The weather is probably the culprit.  We have been up in the 50s and 60s for a few days but were down in the 20s for a while and will be again tomorrow.

When I had my St. Bernard, I was into a crafts phase and used her hair to spin into yarn (I had to add some raw wool for its lanolin) and weave a small piece.  Angela's hair is too short and fine for that, but it sure makes a mean dust bunny.

Drool to all in need.

Bill (yes, I know that I lose hair and beard hair, too)
Angela (Hi, Elder Clara.  And Emma, YOU GO GIRL!)